Call Now 866.523.4167

What to Do If You Didn’t Go to the Doctor After a Car Accident

You could still recover a payout from the liable party.

If you didn’t go to the doctor immediately after a car accident, you should go now. Don’t delay anymore. The longer you wait, the worse your injuries could become. Also, insurance companies are suspicious when an individual doesn’t see a doctor immediately after a car accident.

Seeing a doctor or other healthcare professional documents your car accident injuries, even if you waited.

Then, call a car accident lawyer as soon as possible. Your attorney can review your case and help you understand how much compensation you could get to cover any losses. Call The Law Giant, Personal Injury & Accident Lawyers today at 866-523-4167 or use our online contact form to reach out.

How Do I Know I’m Injured After an Accident?

You might not have known you were injured after an accident. Most people think that car accident injuries are always immediately noticed, like broken bones or deep cuts. However, swelling and other effects of trauma often take several hours or even days to appear. You might not know you are injured right away.

Adrenaline Can Mask Pain

It is also common for people to believe they are 100% fine after an accident. Your adrenaline is rushing and masks the pain you should be feeling. The most important thing to do is go to a doctor as soon as you can.

Medical Professionals Can Assess Injuries

Even if you didn’t go to the doctor immediately after the accident, see your primary care physician or go to an urgent care now. A medical professional can take X-rays or other tests and determine the nature and extent of your injury. They can also prescribe pain medication and follow-up care.

Did I Lose My Chance for Compensation?

Unless you’ve waited a very long time, you can probably still file an insurance claim for your injuries and expenses. A car accident lawyer in Texas can help you understand your legal rights and any deadlines that might apply to your case.

Before you give up, call our firm for a free case evaluation. You could recover compensation through an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit.

What Else Should I Do to Support My Claim?

In addition to getting a medical opinion, you should continue to document how your injuries impact your life. We recommend keeping a post-accident pain journal. You, your spouse, and other family members can write how your injuries affect your daily living.

Make sure you document the progression of your injuries. Be honest that they didn’t show up right away, which is why you didn’t immediately seek medical attention. Then, explain what happened and how you felt when you did start noticing injuries. Take pictures of bruises and other injuries if you can.

How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim?

You have two years after the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit related to the injuries you sustained in a car accident. However, you should file a car accident claim with the insurance company much earlier than that. It takes time to process your claim and negotiate with the insurance company to determine if a car accident settlement is possible.

If the insurance company does not negotiate in good faith, your car accident lawyer can file a lawsuit. You must file within the two-year deadline, or the court will dismiss your case.

Call The Law Giant for Help

The Texas Law Giant is here to protect his clients from the relentless actions of some insurance companies. We know that your injuries can take a while to show up, but the insurance companies may use this as a strategy to deny or delay your claim. We fight for your rights to compensation.

Get a free case evaluation from The Law Giant, Personal Injury & Accident Lawyers Lawyers. Call 866-523-4167 or use our online contact form, and we will call you.

Alex Begum - Super Lawyers badge Lead Counsel logo American Association for Justice logo National Trial Lawyers Award Trial Lawyers Association logo San Antonio Trial Lawyers Association logo ABA logo Attorney and Practice Magazine top 10 logo Cameron County Bar logo Best Attorneys of America logo