Free Consultation 866.523.4167

$8 Million Verdict in Wrongful Death Suit

September 25, 2019
wrongful death

Back in 2014, a 48-year-old woman volunteering at the Moose Lodge in Michigan died. While in the basement of the resort, Mrs. Simpson died of carbon dioxide poisoning. Thanks to a malfunctioning soda machine, a CO2 tank burst, filling the basement with the deadly gas. Normally, when these large machines are installed, they have some kind of ventilation. This is in order to prevent death, in case there is a CO2 leak. However, the Northville Moose Lodge was negligent in its installation of the soda machine. There was no ventilation whatsoever in the basement.

Normally, CO2 can kill a person within 5 minutes at 100% concentration. The gas is colorless and is unscented. Surely, if you have such a deadly substance in your care, you would have some sort of precautions to prevent these accidents. The Moose Lodge did not. Mrs. Simpson went into the basement and quickly passed out. She died 5 days later from lack of oxygen and severe brain damage. This case went on for 5 years. For those five years, the lodge tried to evade responsibility in the accident. This is despite several investigations, pointing the finger at the organization. Thankfully, justice was served at the end of this ordeal. The lodge will have to pay $8 million to the victim’s estate.

Contact The Law Giant Today for your wrongful death case

A Texas wrongful death case is a complex task. Allow the Begum Law Group to take care of this while you focus on recovering. We will fight for you to be compensated fairly for this damage, as well as other types of harm you have suffered as the result of someone else’s negligence. Contact us today at (866) 243-8068 to schedule a free, initial consultation of your case

Contact us for a real conversation with a Texas Injury Lawyer

Compensation without the frustration.

“Great group of people to work with—very efficient and professional. Alex has put together a great Team!”

– DEREK B.