Texas is a great place to call home. However, accidents in intersections are a common occurrence across the state. Below, we’ve outlined some tips to help you avoid accidents in the most dangerous intersections in Texas.
If you sustain an injury in an intersection accident that was caused by another party’s negligence, contact an experienced Texas car accident lawyer at Begum Law Group Injury Lawyers. We may be able to help you recover compensation for your damages. Call us at (866) 523-4167, or reach out online to schedule a free, initial consultation of your case with The Law Giant.
What is So Dangerous About Intersections?
There are a number of reasons intersections can pose a hazard to drivers, including:
- High volume – Intersections are often packed with many vehicles and people throughout the day. The more drivers, buses, motorcycles, and pedestrians there are, the more likely accidents are to arise.
- Inadequate signage – Malfunctioning traffic signals or signs can create confusion among drivers and lead to accidents.
- Poor visibility – Sometimes, it can be difficult for drivers to see everything they need to at intersections. Poor lighting, overpass structures, foliage, and an elevated hill can all contribute to this issue.
- Risky turning – It can be risky to make a turn at a busy intersection, as quick judgment is required.
- Reckless driving – When speeding, distracted driving, and aggressive driving occurs at intersections, accidents are bound to happen.
Most Dangerous Intersections in Texas
Several of the most dangerous intersections in the Lone Star state include:
Braun Road and Loop 1604
This intersection can be challenging for drivers to navigate due to its size and the number of lanes on each side of the road divider. People often speed through the intersection or to make turns, increasing the risk of getting into an accident for everyone involved.
Culebra Road at North Zarzamora
Another massive intersection, this area has seen a number of fatalities over the years. With businesses located on all sides of the intersection, people are bound to speed through lights and turns, leading to several accidents.
Lyndon B. Johnson Freeway and Skillman Street
This intersection incredibly dangerous, because cars are constantly trying to merge on and off the highway, causing changes in speed and a high risk of accidents.
Belt Line Road and Dallas Parkway
Belt Line Road and Dallas Parkway is an intersection full of congestion, likely because of the significant number of businesses that surround it. It’s particularly hazardous during the work week and lunch hour.
How to Prevent Intersection Accidents
By following these tips, you can reduce your risk of becoming involved in a crash in the most dangerous intersections in Texas.
- Slow down. You should drive slower in an intersection that you do on a road or highway. Slow driving can reduce your risk of making an error and causing a crash.
- Watch for cross traffic. Get into the habit of always watching for cross traffic when you approach an intersection. Even if you have the right of way, don’t assume every driver will stop for you.
- Keep your eye out for pedestrians. Look for pedestrians on sidewalks and cyclists in bicycle lanes before you speed up or turn at an intersection.
- Avoid distractions. Always keep your eyes on the road and hands on the steering wheel. Do not eat, drink, text, or play with your GPS or radio while you’re driving through an intersection.
- Obey traffic lights and signals. Follow traffic lights at all times, as they direct the flow of traffic and ensure every driver is safe.
Injured in a Texas Intersection Crash? Contact The Law Giant
At Begum Law Group Injury Lawyers, we have successfully represented countless victims of intersection accidents in Texas. If you’ve been hurt in an intersection crash, don’t hesitate to contact us right away. We’ll help you determine liability and inform you of your legal options. Contact us at (866) 523-4167 today to get started on your case.