Slip and Fall Cases We Handle
At Begum Law Group Injury Lawyers, our slip and fall lawyers have decades of legal experience and routinely handle all types of premises liability claims. You should contact us if you were hurt in a:
Slip and Fall at School
If you fell at your local school or your child fell while at school, call us right away. Schools are responsible for maintaining safe premises. If the school district failed to properly maintain its buildings and other properties and supervise the students, then it may be liable for compensating you or your child. However, a district is not liable for simple carelessness. To pursue compensation from a school district, you would need to prove gross negligence or malicious conduct. Overall, school-related legal claims are complicated, and you should have a slip fall lawyer help you.
Slip and Fall at Work
If you were injured in a work-related accident, you should talk with an attorney about your options. If workers’ compensation insurance covers you, that may be your only means of recovering compensation. However, if you do not have workers’ comp or someone from outside your work was responsible, then you may have the right to file a legal claim.
Slip and Fall on Sidewalks or Parking Lots
You should be able to move about outside with usual care and avoid any dangerous incidents. However, poorly maintained sidewalks, walkways, and parking lots could cause a serious fall. If you were injured in a fall outside, on someone else’s property, call a slip and fall accident lawyer to discuss your options.
Slip and Fall on Ice
Ice, snow, sleet, and hail can build up on walkways, sidewalks, and steps, creating serious hazards. If you slipped and fell because of weather conditions that were not properly addressed by a person, business, city, or county, contact us right away.
Slip and Fall at Stores
One of the most common calls we receive are after slip and fall accidents in retail and grocery stores. You are out running errands one day, and then suddenly in the ER or doctor’s office after a fall. Who is responsible? Can you sue the store? These cases can be complicated. You should not try and handle a claim for compensation yourself. Call a slip and fall injury attorney for help.
Did You Slip and Fall at Walmart?
We have heard from many individuals who slipped and fell in Walmart. Because this is a mega-business that undoubtedly has lawyers of its own, you may be concerned with filing a lawsuit and receiving compensation. You may have a lot of questions. How do you file a claim? How do you communicate with Walmart? How do you make sure you receive an appropriate Walmart slip and fall settlement?
If you were injured in a Walmart, contact a slip and fall attorney as soon as you can. Because there are so many stores across the U.S., and since so many people frequent these stores, slip and fall cases against the retailer are common. Unfortunately, Walmart is used to these claims and has gotten very good denying liability. This is why you should never try to face the business alone.
A significant issue that can make it difficult for you to prove your claim is access to the evidence. A lot of what you need to prove there was a hazard that Walmart knew or should have known about, but failed to act on is under Walmart’s control. This may include video footage, which could be deleted in the normal course of business. Or, Walmart may save the footage of the fall, but not the minutes and hours leading up to the incident. By hiring a lawyer, you have someone to immediately send Walmart a spoliation of evidence letter to improve the chance of potential evidence being saved and useful to you in court.
This is only a small example of what can stand in the way of appropriate slip and fall settlements from Walmart. You can learn more about potential challenges and how an attorney can help by scheduling a consultation with Begum Law Group Injury Lawyers.
Some of our recent results...
*The outcome of any individual case depends on factors unique to that case. Past case results listed on this website do not guarantee or predict a similar result in any similar or future case.
Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
The attorneys at Begum Law Group Injury Lawyers have seen slip and fall cases arise from all sorts of conditions. Some of the most common causes of slip and falls include:
- Spills of liquid and food on the floor
- Oil or grease on the floor
- Water or other liquid from leaking ceilings
- Water tracked in from outside
- Recently mopped floors
- Recently waved floors
- Loose rugs, mats, or carpets
- Snow, ice, sleet, and hail accumulation
- Potholes and cracks in parking lots and sidewalks
- Stairs without handrails
If you were hurt in a slip and fall accident, whether it was caused by one of these conditions or something else, call us right away.
Have You Suffered a Slip and Fall Injury?
Our attorneys have handled cases involving all types of slip and fall injuries, including:
- Broken bones
- Dislocated joints
- Muscle, ligament, and tendon sprain or strains
- Back injuries, including slipped or herniated disks
- Concussions or more serious traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Spinal cord injuries
What our clients have to say...
5.0 Google Reviews. Out of Almost 400 Reviews.
Common Slip and Fall Accident Questions
- Who is at fault? The property owner is not inherently liable for a fall you suffered on their property. You must be able to prove that you were on the property lawfully, there was a dangerous condition, the property owner knew or should have known about the condition, and the property owner failed to address the condition. This can be difficult to prove, which is why we recommend hiring a slip and fall accident lawyer to represent you.
- Can I sue? If you can show that the property owner or occupier was negligent, which resulted in your dangerous slip and fall accident, then yes, you may sue the liable party.
- Whats the value? The potential value of your claim depends on a number of factors, including the type and extent of your injuries. The only way to learn more about the value of your economic and non-economic damages is to speak with a slip fall lawyer.
- When should I contact an attorney? The statute of limitations for all personal injury claims in Texas is two years. This is not a long period. We recommend you contact a slip and fall lawyer as soon as possible after the incident. By hiring a lawyer, you benefit from them preserving important evidence and knowing that you will not miss the deadline to file a lawsuit.
Filing a Slip and Fall Lawsuit
If you were injured in a slip and fall, and the property owner is liable, then you may pursue compensation. Most of these claims are resolved through out-of-court settlements. However, you may need to file a lawsuit. The purpose of filing suit is rarely to go to trial. Instead, your lawyer can benefit from the discovery process. During this preliminary phase of a lawsuit, your lawyer can request information and documentation from the other party. They can also depose other parties to gain their testimony. All of this evidence can be useful to support your claim for compensation.
Filing a lawsuit also puts pressure on the other party’s insurer to settle. Often, insurers want to settle personal injury cases to avoid the cost and time commitment of a trial. By being able and willing to go through with a trial, you have some leverage in negotiating an appropriate slip and fall settlement.
Slip and Fall Compensation
Whether your lawyer strives to obtain you a settlement, or you believe you will need to go to trial, you can pursue compensation for your:
- Medical costs
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Physical limitation
- Lost earning capacity