The McAllen area is home to tens of thousands of residents who use our public roads and highways every day to get to work or school. Most drivers take care to avoid accidents, but there are still serious wrecks happening in McAllen constantly. Being suddenly caught in a terrible collision can change your life completely. You may be badly injured, and it can take a long time for you to return to normal activities you once took for granted.
Do not delay in contacting a skilled Texas injury attorney if you have been hurt in a car accident caused by another driver. You deserve experienced legal counsel who understands how to help you through the legal process that follows a serious accident.
The Law Giant at Begum Law Group has worked with many injury victims throughout south Texas. Our compassionate attorneys know how important compensation is during your time of need. To discuss your case with one of our car accident attorneys, call our office today at (956) 903-2209.
Roads With The Most Accidents In McAllen
The Texas Department of Transportation reports that there are dozens of accidents every year in McAllen that result in death or catastrophic injury. There were 72 fatal wrecks in Hidalgo County in 2017 alone. The large streets and highways that travel through our community are used by passenger cars and large trucks that are in close proximity to each other. Many people feel that high speed roads are the most dangerous, but you are just as likely to be in a fatal wreck on a small rural or neighborhood road. Some of the roads with the most accidents in McAllen include:
- Bicentennial Blvd – This north-south boulevard has many busy intersections and access points to crowded parking lots. The intersection with Nolana Ave on McAllen’s north side is particularly dangerous.
- Business 83 – Running across downtown McAllen, U.S. 83 is used by many thousands of drivers every day. Accidents are common in commercial areas, especially downtown near 10th St.
- Ware Rd – This busy avenue can be dangerous, and this is especially true in the southern portions of its route. Ware Rd is used to access many slow traffic neighborhoods as well as the busy Frontage Rd that runs parallel to Interstate 2.
- Interstate 2 – I-2 is an important highway used to travel across south Texas and between the U.S. and Mexico. Many car and truck drivers are careless when on I-2 in McAllen and when they use ramps to access to exit the interstate.
Causes Of The Most Serious Accidents On McAllen Roads
Roads in McAllen and throughout Hidalgo County are used for many different purposes. You may be traveling next to a truck or bus as you drive a small passenger car to work. Residents in south Texas are constantly on the road, but unfortunately many drivers are reckless or negligent while behind the wheel. Our firm has represented many car accident victims. We know that it’s important to determine the exact cause of a collision if the victim is to secure compensation for the harm they have suffered. Some of the most common causes of dangers on McAllen roads are:
- Drunk drivers – The Texas Department of Public Safety reports approximately 1,000 annual statewide casualties caused by intoxicated drivers. Many drunk driving car accidents occur at night, on weekends, and during holidays.
- Truck accidents – Truck drivers using our city streets and highways are often exhausted due to spending many hours on the road. Many trucks cause accidents as they access farms, factories, or warehouses throughout Hidalgo County.
- Distracted drivers – Drivers often fail to keep their attention on the road when they use their phones, adjust their radios, or speak with passengers. Additionally, many drivers in the McAllen area cause car accidents when they are looking for where to make their next turn and fail to notice other cars.
- Teen drivers – Young people lack the driving experience necessary to make certain decisions at a moment’s notice. Furthermore, teens in the McAllen area have often been stopped for speeding or driving recklessly.
What To Do If You Are In A Terrible Car Accident
McAllen area city streets and highways experience many car wrecks every day. Most of these accidents are not life threatening, but many others cause terrible harm and may be deadly. Furthermore, the scene of a car accident can be very dangerous even if the crash was relatively mild. It’s important for accident victims to do the following after a wreck:
- Get to safety – Debris and passing traffic can make your accident scene very dangerous. Carefully get yourself and your passengers to a safe place.
- Call for help – Call for police and medical emergency help if someone is injured. Try and give a statement to police if possible.
- Call your accident lawyer – A lawyer can help you through every part of the legal process that follows an accident. It’s strongly advisable to call your lawyer immediately.
- Preserve evidence – Try and document as much as possible, and take photographs of damage and injuries. Sharing this information with your lawyer can greatly help your case.
- Follow your doctor’s orders – Be sure to follow through with your medical treatment for injuries sustained. Failing to do so can hurt your case since it can be assumed that your injuries are minor or nonexistent.
The Begum Law Group Can Help After A Car Accident
Our attorneys have worked with many south Texas car accident victims. We know that there are many dangerous roads in McAllen and Hidalgo County. A terrible accident can be devastating, and it’s understandable to be uncertain about how to get your life back on track.
Contact a knowledgeable injury lawyer as soon as possible if you are hurt through no fault of your own. You have the right to seek compensation, but the legal process can become more difficult the longer you wait to act.
The legal team at Begum Law Group has years of experience investigating car accidents. Contact us to speak with an attorney regarding your case and how we can help you. Call us today at (956) 903-2464.