It can be stressful to sustain an injury as a result of someone else’s negligence. Regardless of whether you were hurt in a car accident, truck accident, or medical malpractice incident, you are likely coping with medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
Following an accident of any kind, you may be asking yourself, “how much is my personal injury claim worth?” If you’ve incurred injuries in an accident or incident that was not your fault, reach out to our experienced Texas personal injury lawyers at Begum Law Group. We may be able to help you collect the compensation you need to get your life back on track.
Recoverable Damages in Texas Personal Injury Claims
There are a number of damages you may be able to recover in a Texas personal injury claim, including:
- Medical expenses – Your injury may cost you hundreds or even thousands of dollars in medication, hospital stays, surgeries, therapy, and other procedures. A personal injury claim can help you pay for your medical bills and allow you to recover properly.
- Lost earning capacity – Depending on the severity of your injury, you may be unable to work and provide for yourself and your family. If this is the case, recovering compensation for lost wages may be an option.
- Vehicle damage – If you were in a car accident and your vehicle was damaged, you may be able to secure compensation to pay for the high expenses typically associated with repairs and vehicle replacement.
- Loss of quality of life – If your injury has made it impossible for you to engage in activities that you once enjoyed, you may be able to recover compensation for loss of enjoyment of life.
- Loss of consortium – Loss of consortium may be recoverable if you are no longer able to maintain a sexual or intimate relationship with your spouse because of your injuries.
- Loss of companionship – If your injury has prevented you from having a relationship with relatives or friends, you may receive compensation for loss of companionship.
Fortunately, most personal injury claims in Texas come with no caps for economic damages (meaning damages for actual losses that can be calculated with bills and other documentation). However, if you have been injured in a medical malpractice incident, non-economic damages such as pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and loss of companionship are limited to $250,000 per health care facility.
Why You Should Work with a Personal Injury Lawyer
The value of your case will significantly depend on the severity of your injuries, how the negligent party behaved, and the type of evidence available to you and your attorney. If your goal is to maximize your recovery from the negligent party, allow a lawyer to investigate your claim and negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf. You’ll be able to reduce your risk of receiving a low-ball offer and receive the compensation you need to alleviate the financial burden you’ve been left with.
Wondering the Worth of Your Personal Injury Case? Call Us Today for Help
After a personal injury accident, your top priority should be recovering. Rather than trying to figure out which damages you may eligible for and determining the value of your claim on your own, consult a Texas personal injury lawyer from Begum Law Group.
To find out how much your personal injury claim is worth, contact The Law Giant right away. You can count on us to investigate your situation and ensure you secure the fair compensation you deserve. To schedule a free, initial evaluation of your case, contact us today at (866) 523-4167.