Free Consultation 956.982.1800

Brownsville Side Impact and T-Bone Accident Lawyers

If you have been involved in a side-impact or T-bone accident in Brownsville, you may be suffering from significant injuries. This type of accident can be physically, emotionally, and mentally painful. While recovering from your accident, you want to make sure that you do everything in your power to work with someone who will work to maximize your compensation. Choosing the wrong attorney can leave you without the financial means to cope with the effects of an accident.

Continue Scrolling To Learn More

Get A Free Consultation

Complete the form below to request your free initial consult.

    The legal path for this type of accident can be complicated. You must determine if you have a case, how compensation is determined, and what the process looks like. When you contact an attorney, there are vital questions you should go over during your initial consultation.

    Call The Law Giant at Begum Law Group at 956.982.1800 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.

    “Great group of people to work with—very efficient and professional. Alex has put together a great Team!”

    – DEREK B.

    Notable Results

    3Million
    Fatal Vehicle Crash
    8Million
    Fatal Vehicle Crash
    Read More Results

    Do You Have a Case? – Fault State Laws

    Just because you were involved in a side-impact car accident does not mean you have a case. In the state of Texas, compensation can be awarded using the fault system. This fault system means that compensation is awarded according to how much at fault you were found.

    For example, consider an instance where another is distracted because they are texting on their cell phone. If that driver speeds through a red light and T-bones you in an intersection, you may be found zero percent at fault (assuming you were doing nothing wrong).
    In this case, you would be awarded the full settlement as determined by the insurance company or the courts.

    However, if the same incident took place but you were making an illegal U-turn at the time you may be found to be 20% at fault while the other driver is 80% at fault. In this case, whatever the total settlement is you would be awarded 80% of it, virtually the full amount less whatever percentage you were found at fault.

    The first step after your accident is to call the police and seek necessary medical attention. Call the Brownsville Police Department and seek out a local hospital such as Valley Regional Medical Center, Solara Hospital Brownsville, or Valley Baptist Medical Center: Brownsville.

    Next, talk over the details of the case with an attorney to determine if the other individual was negligent and if you have enough evidence to substantiate that negligence. We will tell you if you have a case, and if you may (or may not) be found at fault. This way you will know what to expect in terms of a settlement. We will make it clear whether it is in your best interest to try and pursue compensation.

    How is Compensation Determined?

    Compensation is determined based on the severity of your case. It can be challenging to figure out how much compensation you can receive immediately following an accident. At this point, you don’t know the extent of your medical bills, the long-term financial impact that your injuries could have, or the amount of work you are going to miss. After a car accident like this, you can receive both punitive and compensatory damages, both of which have state-enforced monetary limits.

    If the other driver is found to be entirely at fault, you may be entitled to all of these damages and more. If you are partially at fault, you may only be entitled to some of the damages.

    If you failed to seek medical treatment immediately after the accident, you might sustain injuries that will worsen because they were not treated quickly. This will work against you regarding the percentage at fault you are found in your case. We will explain what to expect based upon the intricacies of your case, and provide you with a potential range based on previous cases.

    What Does the Process Look Like?

    The process is going to be much the same in terms of the steps that have to be followed.

    There were 3,578 car accidents in Brownsville in 2017.
    7 0 %

    There were 3,578 car accidents in Brownsville in 2017.

    Hire Brownsville Side Impact and T-Bone Lawyers for Your Case

    If you want to file a personal injury claim, you must follow the statute of limitations. Texas statute states that “a person must bring suit for any relief from the following acts not later than two years after the day the cause of action accrues.”

    If you need a side-impact and T-Bone accident attorney, call The Law Giant at Begum Law Group at 956.982.1800 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.